Tax Preparation Professional Help Wanted
Now hiring U.S.-based tax preparation professional to complete individual and/or entity tax returns. Work virtually from home using cloud-based software. This is a temporary/seasonal position from early February through mid-April. Part-time or full-time. On-the-job systems/process training provided. Join a seven-decade-strong, Indiana-based, family-owned accounting firm.
- Prepare tax returns.
- Recommend tax strategies and tactics for clients.
- Consult with partners as applicable to determine advantageous client tax moves.
- Complete individual (1040) and entity (1120/1120S/1065) tax returns, including all forms and filings.
- Help clients respond to correspondence from taxing authorities.
- Facilitate and monitor tax compliance needs (sales tax, use tax, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of tax preparation experience, having prepared several hundred returns. CCH Axcess Tax (or CCH ProSystem fx) experience strongly preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred. Business entity return preparation experience preferred.
Competitive compensation, negotiable based on experience.
- Enrolled Agent (EA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred.
- Up to date on current tax law.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps (Drive, Sheets), and CCH Axcess Tax or ProSystem fx.
- High-speed internet connectivity.
- Multiple monitors.
- Responsible, accountable, takes ownership and initiative.
- Positive outlook and sense of humor.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during tax season.
- Excellent customer service and communication (interpersonal, written and presentation) skills.
- Ability to work independently and understand/carry out detailed instructions.
- Solid understanding of policies, procedures, Federal/State legislation and regulations as they impact individual and business tax.
- Strong analytical skills
- Works as a team player collaborating to ensure individual, team, and company success.
Send resume and cover letter to Dave Betz, Chief Success Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.